At Home Resistance Band Workout with Bundee Aki
Bundee Aki is a big fan of resistance bands and he’s going to show us his favourite at home resistance band workout exercises.
Resistance bands are incredibly practical and allow you to do a workout pretty much anywhere.
So why not try out these simple exercises next time you’re at home or in the gym – get them HERE:
At Home Resistance Band Workout: Bicep Curl
“Benefits of a bicep curl I find is that it helps me develop my lower and upper arm strength and also helps me with my rugby when I go into contact and I am holding the rugby ball as hard as I can or as tight as I can so people don’t strip it off me.
“Résistance bands work for warm up and and a workout as well when you’re doing a bicep curl.”
- Place yourself in the middle of a resistance band. Place the central piece of your resistance band on the floor while holding the ends. Step one foot onto the band, so the band is in the centre of your foot. Then, with your feet shoulder-width apart, place your other foot on the resistance band. Ensure that the band does not shift and that your feet are at ease.
- Hold the resistance band’s ends in your hands. While performing your workout, stand with your back straight and your eyes forward. Maintain a straight line with your arms at your sides, palms facing inward. Maintain a modest amount of tension between your hands and feet by holding the band. Some resistance bands incorporate handles to make them easier to grip. Otherwise, grab them and squeeze them as tightly as possible.
- Hold your curl for 2-3 counts by bending your elbows. Raise your hands to stretch and tighten the ends of the resistance band. To avoid the bands snapping or slipping, use a slow, controlled motion. To work your muscles, bring your hands in front of your shoulders and flex your biceps for 1-2 seconds.
Hold dumbbells in addition to the resistance band to make your curl more difficult. You can raise both arms at the same time or alternate arms with each curl.
- To finish your rep, slowly lower your arms. Straighten your arms out again at the same regulated speed after you’ve finished counting. If you let go of the bands as you lower your arms, you risk injuring yourself. Rest for 1 count after your hands are at your sides and the resistance band feels loose again before continuing your reps.
During your workout sessions, do 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps. During your curl, don’t lift your feet since the resistance band may shatter and injure you.
At Home Resistance Band Workout: Tricep Extension
“The difference between doing a bicep curl is obviously working the front muscle of your arm. When you’re doing a tricep extension, it’s working that muscle on the back of your arm.
“You can also do an overheard extension, which also hits the back of the arm but isolates the muscle a bit more because you’re trying to stay still.”
- Attach a substantial item above your head, such as a door jamb, to which you can safely attach an exercise band. With your elbows bent and by your side, grab the band’s ends. Straighten your elbows while tucking them into your sides. Return to the starting position slowly. Repeat.
- Only move your elbow. Make no movements with your waist, shoulders, or back. Maintain good balance and form by contracting your abdominals.
At Home Resistance Band Workout: Band Pull
“There is a lot of benefits you can get out of a pull apart band resistance.
“It helps with your strength, as well as your back and your shoulders. It’s a good exercise to warm up and also a good workout to get the upper body ready for a big session.”
- Hold an exercise band out in front of you at roughly chest height while standing up straight. Hands should be at least shoulder width apart. Then, pressing your shoulder blades together, pull the band apart. Then go back to where you started. Try to complete 30 per day. If your band’s resistance is too easy or too difficult, you can adjust it. Only move your elbow. Make no movements with your waist, shoulders, or back. Maintain good balance and form by contracting your abdominals.
If you liked Bundee Aki’s workout, why not check out 5 of the Best Weight Training Exercises for Women, with out other brand ambassador, Rianna Jarrett.
We’ve also got a top range of Home Gym equipment available HERE.