Technical Sheet – Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35
Here’s what you need to know about the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35:
With its 35th edition the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 is really as fast as it feels. Designed for the every-day runner to record breaking running elites. The Pegasus 35 caters for a wide range of ability, but is built for speed. The shoe has undergone a few changes since the 34 but your favourite parts are still there. In the design process Nike turned to their elite athletes for feedback, it was apparent some performance elements we not to be changes but there was definitely some changes.
- Relocated eyelets.
- Improved tongue design.
- All new collar around heel.
- Bevelled heel and redesigned sole.
In the sole
- Some things don’t change, the Pegasus is still at the forefront of responsive cushioning. This responsiveness comes from the Zoom Air cushioning. It absorbs the impact when your foot strikes the ground and explodes you into your next stride.
- One of the most notable updates is the bevelled heel. This new feature along with the rubber outsole optimizes touchdown and transition leading to an efficient and smooth lift off.
- Small cut outs in the rubber expose the Cushlon midsole and increase outsole flexibility.
- Raised rubber sections on the bottom of the shoe providing traction.
- Heel to toe drop 10mm.
- The women’s shoe features softer Cushlon foam specifically tuned for the female foot.
In the upper
- Another notable change is the heel collar. Angled away from the Achilles tendon to avoid friction. You get the same comfort without sacrificing fit or structured feel around the heel.
- Engineered mesh upper provides stretch and support for great fit.
- Flywire cables tighten from the laces for adaptive fit and lock down feel.
- Bottom eyelet has been moved up to open up the forefoot flex zone and provide an optimal fit.
- High resiliency sock liner shapes to your foot to provide comfort and underfoot support.
- Redesigned tongue for easy on and off.
Leave a Reply